Secure Transport Officers
WEKA is hiring for unscheduled full and part-time security officerss. Full-time officers must reside in Anchorage.
We are an emergency transport company, meaning employees could be called to transport anytime 24 hours a day, 6 days a week.
Average hours for full-time officers range from 30-50 per week with 40% of those hours being paid at the overtime rate. Part time officer hours will range based on your availability. To remain part-time you must work 2 transports a month at minimum. Secure Transport Officers transport patients struggling with behavioral health issues, by car and by airplane, between facilities, within the city, state, and occasionally nation.Tasks, Duties, Responsibilities:
- Answer phone calls from company personnel, regardless of time, 7 days a week
- Travel via car and airplane as required to provide secure transport for consumers on short notice
- Interact with consumers and get them from point A to point B safely, providing a positive environment
- Complete paperwork (mileage and duty logs) and submit in a timely matter
- Network with clients
Officers must be able to problem solve, work independently, and exercise sound judgement in stressful situations. They must have the ability to communicate effectively with both patients and staff, and maintain professional composure in potentially difficult and intense situations. Must be able to pass a criminal background check and have a good driving record. Applicants who have one or more moving violations in the last 3 years, must supply a driving history (https://online.dmv.alaska.gov/onlinedrivingrecords) along with resume.Preferred Experience:
- Prior Military
- Prior Law Enforcement
- Prior Medic, EMT, or Medical training
- Prior Mental Health training
Pay starts at $15/hr with pay increases occurring at 3 months, 6 months, and then quarterly performance based raises thereafter. Unavoidable over time causes the average hourly wage to be between $18-$21/hr. Medical Insurance/Dental/Gym benefits offered as well after probationary period.
Please attach your resume to the application that follows
Please note that we are a drug and tobacco-free employer.
Mental Health Security PositionsScope of Work:
The Mental Health Security Officer will protect facility controlled properties and equipment and provide a safe and secure environment for facility staff and patients. It supports activities of the facilities such as responding to behavioral emergencies, escorting individuals from point A to point B as requested by staff, providing a physical support presence on the assigned unit, responding to code calls as requested, and supporting emergency management programs.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in security and/or mental health; ability to follow written and oral instructions; communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; and use interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and patients. Must recognize that patients are simply good people who may be having bad day, and treat them with compassion, dignity, and respect while providing for their safety.Mandatory Requirements:
- Integrity to want to work as scheduled, and be punctual for scheduled shifts.
- Answering phone calls from WEKA personnel in a timely manner
- Obeying safety rules, exercising caution, and common sense
- Complete and Pass: Extensive background investigation that is local, state, and federal.
- Pass a drug test and random tests thereafter
- Have or be able to obtain: State of Alaska Security Guard License
- Have or be willing to update all vaccination records
- High School Diploma or GED
Starting Salary: DOE (starts at $20/hr)
Full time, part time, and on call positions available.
Benefits included with full time employment. (Medical/Dental/Gym) Variable Shifts available