Scope of Work:
We are hiring unscheduled full and part-time Transport Officers. Full-time officers must reside in Anchorage.
Transport Officers provide Emergency Transport services, meaning can be called to transport at anytime 24 hours a day, 6 days a week.
Average hours for full-time Officers range from 30-50 per week with 40% of those hours being paid at the overtime rate. Part time officer hours will range based on your availability. To remain part-time you must work 2 transports a month at minimum. Officers transport patients struggling with behavioral and mental health issues, by car and by airplane, between facilities, within the city, State, and occasionally Nation.
Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Answer phone calls from Company dispatch, regardless of time, 7 days a week
- Travel to Office to receive transport details
- Travel to pickup point – this can be via car or airplane
- Pickup the patient, establish rapport, and safely travel with patient to the drop-off location
- Return to office to complete paperwork (mileage and duty logs)
Officers must be able to problem solve, work independently and as a team, and exercise sound judgement during stressful situations. Officers must have the ability to communicate effectively with both patients and staff and maintain professional composure in potentially difficult and intense situations. Must be able to pass a criminal background check and have a good driving record. Applicants who have one or more moving violations in the last 3 years, must supply a driving history (https://online.dmv.alaska.gov/onlinedrivingrecords) along with resume.
- Prior Military
- Prior Law Enforcement
- Prior Medic, EMT, or Medical training
- Prior Mental Health training
Pay starts at $15/hr with pay increases occurring at 3 months, 6 months, and then quarterly performance based raises thereafter. Unavoidable over time causes the average hourly wage to be between $18-$21/hr. Medical Insurance/Dental/Gym benefits offered as well after probationary period.
Please attach your resume to the application that follows
Please note that we are a drug and tobacco-free employer.
Mental Health Security Officer
Scope of Work:
The Mental Health Security Officer will protect facility controlled properties and equipment and provide a safe and secure environment for staff and patients. Officers will operate in pairs and roam the facility, acting as a Security presence. During Behavioral Health Emergencies, they act as a backup force that augments facility staff. Officers must be prepared to physically engage with potentially violent patients at all times.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in Security and/or Mental Health; ability to follow written and oral instructions; communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; and use interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and patients. Must recognize that patients are simply good people who may be having bad day, and treat them with compassion, dignity, and respect while providing for their safety.
- Integrity to want to work as scheduled, and be punctual for scheduled shifts.
- Answering phone calls from WEKA personnel in a timely manner
- Obeying safety rules, exercising caution, and common sense
- Complete and Pass: Extensive background investigation that is local, state, and federal.
- Pass a drug test and random tests thereafter
- Have or be able to obtain: State of Alaska Security Guard License
- Have or be willing to update all vaccination records
- High School Diploma or GED
Starting Salary: DOE (starts at $20/hr)
Full-time, part-time, and on-call positions available.
Benefits included with full time employment. (Medical/Dental/Gym) Variable Shifts available